Friday 13 February 2009

The way to romance


Tomorrow is Valentine's. And it's impossible to miss... even when it bears absolutely no relevance to me. No flowers for me this year, no surprise packages, and no romantic dinners. Instead I am hosting a small gathering - a completely un-romantic get-together of 3 women and 6 children!

Between my 2 dearest friends and myself we have one husband on contract in Iraq, one husband working in Hong Kong, and one no-longer-a-husband. And 6 children.

But if I was planning a romantic dinner then I would focus on the key elements:

  • ambience - soft light, candles and music
  • dressing up - you just feel more romantic when you get out of the daggy tracky pants
  • easy menu - so you stay at the table with your partner, and not sweating in the kitchen
  • bubbles - because... they're perfect

These images were part of a photo shoot I did last year. This is not me. But it is my dress. It doesn't look this good on me.

No comments: