Tuesday 10 February 2009

Oh my aching sweet tooth !

I am on an eternal quest for the perfect Horizontal Hostess arrangement - that utopia of entertaining with: evocative ambiance; attractive, delicious, abundant food; conversation and laughs bubbling amongst fabulous people; and the hostess (me) in the midst of the proceedings with nothing more to do than pour the bubbles from time to time.

I have come to recognise that the buffet set-up is a very good option when trying to attain this ideal. And here is one gorgeous buffet (courtesy of Amy Atlas Events).

So, ok, this was put together for a kids party (can you just imagine the sugar rush), and doesn't cover many food groups. But it is just sooo enticing. And I don't even have a sweet tooth... give me salty chips, crunchy crackers, dips, pate and cheese any day. Still, there is something about this buffet that makes me feel like a kid again, and makes me want to dive in and grab a handful.

Goes to show that some flair in presentation goes a long way in creating interest, theme, and mood.

Here are some other divine dessert buffets from Amy Atlas... this time for grown-ups.




I adore this last one... it would be hard to feel 'piggy' when the goodies are presented so beautifully. Who knew cupcakes and chocolate could be so sophisticated.

I think I may have to plan a dessert buffet for one of my own gatherings.

No comments: