Monday 2 February 2009

Not Up to Scratch

Over the last few days I have put to the test a - rather scrummy sounding - banana and custard ice-cream.

Banana. Custard (from a carton). Whipped Cream. Lime juice. Great combination.

On paper.

Yes, it was easy to make... throw it all together and freeze, and don't worry about churning. But, sad to say, the end result was something that tasted like.... well, like, mouthfuls of frozen whipped cream, with a hint of custard and banana. And it was icey - rather than creamy and smooth.

Under my powers as ultimate arbitrator of all recipes contained here-in, I have deemed the recipe not worth passing on.

On well, win some, loose some. And in my pursuit of the perfect recipes for Horizontal Hostess entertaining, I will put the apron back on, and return myself to the kitchen.
On to the next test...

And, as to the question that lingers - no, I didn't eat it. The offending frozen article is still taking up space in the freezer. I hate to waste food, and can't bring myself to throw it out. In fact, the reason I chose this particular recipe was to use up some ripe bananas that my little darlings had turned their nose up at (I can't eat a brown banana, mummy, it has to be yellow!). I should have made banana cake instead.



Ok. Maybe the bananas were a little too brown.

No comments: