Monday 9 February 2009

It's an addiction

My name is Jo Dixon... and I am addicted to magazines.

Here is just some of my stash. (Please don't pay too much attention to the raw floorboards... a result of ripping up the carpet in a frenzy one morning, and not having decided what to replace it with).



I justify my habit.

Most of my monthly investments (please note: "investment" - not spending, splurging, or frivolous purchasing), are utterly necessary of course. Lifestyle, interiors, home, cooking... I need to be informed on all of this for my website.

Investing in local and international titles ensures that I have a broad base to draw inspiration from.

Of course, I do recognise that I have a little problem. I get excited with every new glossy cover. I know when most titles are due to hit the stand. And have been known to buy the same magazine twice... when I can't remember if I already have a title, usually because I haven't had time to read the original purchase.

But it could be worse. My addiction doesn't stop me from fitting into my favourite jeans, it doesn't kill my brain cells (I like to think I'm exercising the grey matter just a little), and what I read, and see, so often inspires me to do, and be, more.

So, I will not feel guilty.

But, I must decide how long to keep my back issues... I'm running out of space!!


This little guy will help hold back the onslaught of glossy pages.

No comments: